Detailed information about Aadivasi Aarogyam Program :
1. In the reference read above, the Spl. Commissioner, Tribal Welfare has stated that as per the instructions from Govt. of India, a rapid screening is taken up in Tribal Welfare Educational Institutions. As per the survey, the percentage of conditions identified to 54%, whereas the maximum referrals are 3% and around 76% of the tribal children/students are anaemic. The tribal children are mostly suffering from club foot, cognitive delay, convulsive disorders, congenital heart diseases, dental conditions, cleft lip & palate etc.
2. The Spl. CTW has stated that every year there are several incidents of tribal deaths in the agency areas of Andhra Pradesh due to various health reasons. One of the major reason for the death of the ST students studying in Tribal Welfare Educational Institutions is due to various types of anaemia viz., 23 % children are critical anaemic (i.e., <8 mg) and 76% children are anaemic (i.e.,>8mg<12mg).
3. There are no regular point person entrusted to look after the health of the boarders/ students, there is every need to deploy a dedicated functionality in every institution to look after the health of the poor tribal students who have been found to be suffering with anaemia and related ailments.
4. Further, the Spl. CTW has stated that since there is no provision to position the functionaries for the above purpose in the institutions on regular basis, it is prudent to rope in a knowledge partner to outsource the services regarding regular screening of the students, identification of the anaemic and referral cases, tracking of the health record, monitoring of the consumption of special diet and also medication of the student.
5. The Spl. CTW has stated that since the above program is very much essential and crucial to combat against the reported deaths of the ST students in the TW Educational Institutions due to anemic problems to build the confidence of the tribal community on the residential education of the Tribal welfare department, the Spl. Commissioner of TW, Vijayawada has requested the Government to accord sanction to take up the project i.e.“Adivasi Aarogyam” and take necessary action for implementation of the said project through the knowledge partner as per procedure for taking services on outsourcing basis. She has stated that the tracking and monitoring shall be done through web portal and mobile app regularly
6. The Spl. CTW has further stated that the budgetary requirements for the above project will be met from the funds available in the relevant heads. She has also stated that a proposal for the financial support was also submitted to the Govt. of India under CASDS and the orders are awaited.
7. In view of the above, Govt. after careful examination of the proposal, hereby accord sanction to the Spl. CTW to take up the project “Aadivaasi Aarogyam” in the interest of ST students and to take necessary action for implementation of the said project through the Knowledge Partner as per procedure for taking services on outsourcing basis.
Activities in Aadivasi Aarogyam Program
The Disease Catalogue
|DEFECTS DURING PREGNANCY||DISEASES|
|DEFECTS AT BIRTH||DEVELOPMENTAL DELAY & DISABILITIES|
|DEFICIENCIES||DEVELOPMENTAL DELAY & DISABILITIES|